<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The End of 2008 

Very odd, 2008.

First the good stuff. My boyfriend and I bought a wonderful house in Indianapolis. I got to travel for a month in India - and loved it. The small unit I work for at BIPC moved out of the toxic environment I'd been in for the last seven years to a clean, more modern and well-appointed one on "Main Campus", where people seem (and in spite of the economy) to be friendlier and more upbeat.

There is some anxiety, though. Will I be able to work from home in a few months? My Duplex has sat for months with no interest in - or on! - it.

Oh well. At least I have a job. (Although, mind you, if they let me go, I wouldn't be crying. Rent out both sides of the Duplex, and Indianapolis here I come. Or worst case scenario, Jingle Mail to the bank and see ya later.)

Leaving work now to wrap presents for family, all gathering like a Rockwell painting in a few days at the old homestead in Cleveland. I spent just what I thought I should this year, and was able to get good things for everyone substantially marked down.

Will I blog more in the New Year? I'd like to return to it, but I feel as though my relationship has killed the melancholy state of mind that allowed my writing to usually flow. Horrible, isn't it. Probably shows you I was on the cusp of a bipolar disorder.

Oh well. Happy New Year!

# posted by B. Arthurholt : 5:28 PM : Luscious